FALL 2018 (Greater Salt Lake Area)
We are happy to announce the following dates for our Fall 2018 Expeditions! The asterisk (*) indicates mandatory meetings.
- Earlybird Deadline: December 31
- Applications Due: January 27
- Interviews: January 30-31
- Parent Meeting*: February 25
- First Retreat*: March 2-3 or March 9-10 (depending on which team you are selected for)
- March 18
- April 22
- May 6
- Workday*: May 19, 9:00-3:00
- June 10
- June 24
- July 15
- August 5
- Second Retreat*: August 10-11
- August 26
- September 16
- September 30
- October 14
- Parent Meeting*: October 28
- Packing Day*: November 3, 9:00-noon
- November 11
- EXPEDITION TO INDIA: November 16 - December 1, 2018
- Unpacking Day: December 8, 9:00-noon
- Return Celebration: January 5 or 6
Spring 2019 (Greater Salt Lake AREA)
- Applications Available Online: January 2018
- Applications Due: May 2018
- Expedition: Spring Break 2019
Youth Making a Difference (YMAD), a Utah-based non-profit organization, is preparing for another service expedition to India. YMAD is assembling a team of high school-aged students, from the greater Salt Lake City area to create an expedition to India.
We are looking for teens who are self-generative, outgoing, and capable of making a difference. They will be trained in leadership skills, fundraising, and community services. Near the end of the program, students will travel to India to teach English in village elementary schools, distribute the collected items, perform service-related tasks, and interact with several orphanages and government schools in India.
As part of the YMAD experience, the participants will be traveling a great distance by various means of transportation. They may also have the opportunity to visit a few of India’s historical and cultural sites before returning home. A $25 non-refundable fee is associated with this application.
All participants must raise $3,900 to participate in the expedition. Because YMAD is a 501c(3) organization, all the funds raised are tax deductible.
INCLUDES: Yearlong leadership training courses, flight, evacuation insurance, all transportation in India, lodging and meals.
DOES NOT INCLUDE: Passport ($100), Visa ($80), Spending Money ($200) and Personal Travel Supplies.
For more information please review our FAQ Page.
Denver Summer 2018 Update
Unfortunately, we didn't hear from quite enough teens to run an expedition in the Denver area this year. We are hoping to continue recruiting and plan a Denver Expedition for Summer 2019. Spread the word! Please click the link below to inform us of your interest in the Denver Expedition, to help with recruiting, or for more information about this program.