Things I've Learned in India - Janessa Bond
I never really understood what people meant when they said, you really cant explain your experience here. But now that im here I finally get it, I wish I could say the right words to help you understand. But no words or pictures can help capture what really goes on here. I fell in love with the girls of the day boarding school the moment I walked in the door, they are the most loving and beautiful people I’ve ever met. My new best friend Puja is absolutely adorable, she is beautiful inside and out. She was practically attached at my hip the whole time I was there, I could barely get her to let me go when we had to leave. I knew before I got here that I loved the children here, but I never knew I could love to this magnitude especially after only 2 hours of knowing them.
Things I’ve learned in India:
- When it comes to food, just close your eyes and eat it.
- Smiling is the best form of communication.
- Don’t sweat the small things, Shindia happens.
- I’m pretty sure horns and the gas pedal are the only working parts on cars in India. Its super scary. And staying on “your side of the road or lane…” ya… that doesn’t exist.
- Two weeks will never be enough time. I’m coming back.
- Bugs in India are on some major steroids.
- Take advantage of every opportunity, to love, smile and embrace everything.
Shout Out: Missing my family, and Jacob (: I love you guys so so much! Look forward to a new me and a new outlook on life when I get home. I wish you guys would come here, because I never wanna leave…. I’m thinkin about you always (: