6 Ways to Become More Courageous
Courage: the ability to do something that frightens one
As people go through life, "blocking barriers" get in the way, and create difficult trials or challenges that you then have to fight through. Having courage while enduring these trials will help you overcome them. Here are 6 simple steps to help you become more courageous in your everyday life.
1. The antonym for courage is FEAR. It is okay to experience fear, everyone does, but recognizing the fear yet still choosing to act upon it is truly courageous. By choosing to act, the fear you feel will HELP instead of HINDERING your progress.
2. Follow your heart! Passion will help you become more courageous and enable you to get out of your comfort zone and achieve goals you never dreamed of accomplishing.
3. Persevere in the face of adversity. Be who you are, rather than becoming what other people want you to be. Keep your head up and stand tall. Be confident in who you are and in what you believe in.
4. Always stand up for what is right. If you stand up for what is right, people will look up to you more and value what you have to say and offer. Even when a situation doesn't involve you, always stand up for the right. This will help you and others around you to become more courageous.
5. Expand your horizons. Letting go of the familiar is a simple yet very effective way to become more courageous. By doing new things, you can become more open and outgoing as well as gain the ability to let go of built up fear.
6. Face suffering with dignity and faith. Being able to rely on your faith and dignity while going through a trial or challenge, will allow you to move on. Your dignity will help aid your suffering in several ways.